Math Core Details
Math Core is a service offered on Wednesdays to support math students with additional tutoring on campus. This time may be requested, recommended or required based on the following criteria:
- REQUESTED: Co-teachers may request Math Core for their students at any time. Reasons a co-teacher might request Math Core may include, for example, that the student struggles in general math skills, needs re-teaching of a specific lesson due to absence, needs support to understand specific concept, needs preparation for an upcoming test, or needs assistance in correcting a test.
- RECOMMENDED: The classroom teacher may recommend Math Core to a student and/or co-teacher for the reasons stated above or if the daily/home assignment grades or assessment grades begin to drop. This recommendation may also come at the discretion of the athletic director or fine-arts coordinator as a probationary measure for extra-curricular activities.
- REQUIRED: The classroom teacher may require Math Core for a student if the student fails an assessment, if the student's grade drops below passing, or if the student is missing assignments.
- Wednesdays from 11:00am -12:00pm
- The classes available are as follows:
- MATH 6
- FUNDAMENTALS OF MATH
RESERVING A SPOT:
- FILL OUT THIS FORM
- Deadline to sign up is 6 pm, Tuesday night. (NOTE: If you sign up after this time, you are NOT guaranteed a spot as you will be waitlisted. You will be notified by 8:00 am Wednesday, if a spot becomes available.)
- Send an email to your student's math teacher to let him/her know that you have submitted your form so he/she may send any appropriate feedback or resources to the Math Core teachers.